The course covers the essential aspects of operational risk management and its challenges in the financial services industry. Hot topics such as, selection and reporting of leading KRIs, demonstrating business value of risk management, and the formulation of a risk appetite statement are detailed and debated. Uprising topics like information security and conduct metrics are also covered.
Taught by a world leading expert in the field, the course is a must-have for all the operational risk practitioners wishing to benchmark their practice and discuss new best practices. It is also a tremendous opportunities for newcomers to gain a comprehensive overview what operational risk managers need to know.
After the course, participants will know about:
• best practices in operational risk management for financial companies;
• structure of risk appetite and tolerance statements;
• effective risk and control self assessment;
• structured method to identify and design leading key risks indicators;
• focus on KRIs for information security and conduct.
06/10/2020 - Operational risk management
Bent u geïnteresseerd?
Who Should Attend:
• Heads of Operational Risk
• Entreprise Risk Managers
• Operational Risk Managers
• Operations Managers
• Internal Auditors
• HR officers
• Compliance officers
Expert level: Subjects will be treated thouroughly. You should have knowledge of macro-economical concepts.
Operational Risk Framework and Governance
• Risk Management Framework
• Governance of Operational Risk
• 1st line and 2d line: The partnership model
• Make the risk committees effective
• Business value of ORM
Risk Appetite Definition, Statement and Communication
• Industry guidance on Risk Appetite
• Definition and Governance: Communicating Risk Appetite
• Risk Appetite & Tolerance Statements: examples and case studies
• Template for actionable risk appetite
• Cascading and Monitoring Risk Appetite: indicators and dashboards
Risk identification and assessment
• Tools and techniques for risk identification
• Risk register: a list
• Risk connectivity: network of risks
• Definition and rules for RCSAs
• Tool: Impact / probability matrix: shapes and forms, definitions
• Usage and choice when defining RCSAs
• Risk rating: when and how
Designing and Selecting Preventive Key Risk Indicators
• KRI, KPI, KCIs: concepts,overlaps and examples
• Essential features of preventive KRIs
• KRI Typology: four categories of preventive KRIs
• KRI Design
• Six steps for preventive KRIs: exercises
• Examples of leading KRIs
Duration: 1 day training
Hours: 9am - 5pm
Adress: Febelfin Academy, Phoenix Building - Koning Albert II-laan/Boulevard du Roi Albert II 19 1210 Brussels
Extra information: This training will be given in English!
Type of course: Classroom
During our theoretical training courses we offer a combination of theory and practical exercises. The cases, examples and exercises are taken from everyday situations or are contributed by you and then solved under the guidance of the trainer.
Teaching Material: Powerpoint presantation (slides)
Risk, finance & treasury