The best practices and current challenges of Enterprise risk management in finance - Live webinar
This course aims at introducing the best practices of modern enterprise risk management as well as its current challenges in a banking industry which is accelerating its digital transformation and facing continuous regulatory reforms, new non-financial risks and increased competition from non-banks.
16/11/2021 - The best practices and current challenges of Enterprise risk management in finance
This training is intended for various target groups active in business, operations, ICT, risk and finance who want to better understand:
- the connection between business strategy, risk appetite and performance in terms of solvency, profitability, liquidity and reputation;
- the root causes and contagion effects which materialized during the 2008 financial crisis, and the consequences of the regulatory reforms on the changing role and risk profile of banks, insurers and asset managers;
- the impact of transforming business models on the risk landscape of banks;
- the role of scenario-base management in financial planning and overall risk management.
Expert Level: This training will provide advanced characteristics on a specific topic. In order to grasp the concepts of this training, thorough knowledge is required (enhancement).
Required prior knowledge:
- basics of banking products and components of banks P&L, balance-sheet and cash flows statements;
- basics of risk organizations and of regulatory reforms in European banking;
- curiosity to learn and debate on the changing environment and business transformation arising from digitization, new clients expectations around product delivery and welfare, as well as growing market-based finance.
- The different perspectives on “Risk” at the enterprise level
- Risk as the uncertainty around all business objectives, financial and non-financial
- Risk appetite, a translation of business strategy
- Impact on risk governance along the 3 lines of defence model
- Visible and hidden sources of risk in financial services
- Financial vs non-financial risk types
- Risks that create value and growth, vs risks that create costs or destroy value
- Risks at transaction/position level vs risks at portfolio/balance-sheet level
- Risks specific to each business lines
- A business case of enterprise risk: the 2008 financial crisis
- The history, root causes and consequences of the Global Financial Crisis (GFC)
- Lessons learned and road to regulation
- The unintended consequences of regulations
- Latest developments and new challenges in enterprise risk management
- Emerging new risk types, due to changes in climate, geopolitics, technology, and society
- Changes in bank operating models, due to growing market-based financing, digitization, and business fragmentation
- Scenario-based planning for unknown risks in an uncertain world
Duration: 1 day training
Hours: 9am - 5pm
Place: This training course will be given online.
How do you start the webinar? You will receive a login and password by email to access our platform. In the platform you will find a link. By clicking on the scheduled date the webinar will start via Webex.
In order to receive training points, it is important to enter your own name and surname in Webex, follow the entire training day and answer the questions suggested by the trainer. Do not follow the training with several people on the same PC.
Type of training:
During Live Webinars you see the presentation and the trainer live via your screen. You can communicate with the trainer and ask questions.
- PowerPoint presentation (slides);
- Live Video.
Risk, finance & treasury